4.27.2011

farmaesthetics :: field to face...








Recently I came across an article in Whole Living about Farmaesthetics, a business started by Brenda Brock that boasts fine herbal skincare from the farm. Using local ingredients and inspiration from her Grandmother's recipes, she began by making skin ointments for friends and family and quickly moved to sales on a roadside stand. Now with a store in Newport, Rhode Island, Farmaesthetics has over 67 products, ranging from herbal cleansers to sweet milk exfoliate, remedy oils to complexion tonics... all 100% natural. Think lavender, camomile, rosehip, aloe, corn meal, beeswax, grapeseed, plant oils and more! If Rhode Island wasn't so far away i'd be in my car right now headed for their shop!

I also love that Brenda still writes all her labels by hand and then has a printer scan them for the packaging. On deciding whether or not new packaging has the appropriate vintage feel, she sets it next to a radio from the 1930's, and if it's a good match, she knows it'll fit in perfectly with the rest. How great is that?

Somehow I have to get my hands on some of these products, anyone live in Newport? lol...

Photos & article: Scans by myself from Whole Living April 2011, photographer Frederic Lagrange, writer Olessa Pindak

2 comments:

Karyn McKinnon said...

Love her shop! Wish I could hop in the car & check it out today too! Thanks for sharing! :)

Nicole Franzen said...

i love these photos ;) such a pretty organic thing. I used to intern for the photographer who shot these ;)